Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dixie Chicks


In whom do the Dixie Chicks appeal to? With a female artist group, we now think about whether or not the Dixie Chicks are assumed to be more popular for females then males.
I would predict that they would become more popular for females because they are used as almost an example of a female group who is as popular as any other male group out there. Men would appreciate their music, but I believe that females not only like their music, but follow them as an example of a female group that are legitimately professionals when it comes to what they do. They are a group that can be heard all over the world. They are country music singers which is predominately popular in the U.S., but they have shown how social mass media globalization works. They can now be heard all over the world and they are still touring today all over the world.
I feel that their age may have an affect on them, especially today. They are more of a 90's band so many kids today would not be listening to them, just like U2. I do believe that once they become older they will start to understand the music and like it more and more. I feel that the dixie chicks even target themselves more towards an older group of people such as their age even though they do play songs children would be allowed to listen to.

No comments: