
1. I believe that we are heading towards a more advanced era of persuasion. I believe that our technology is only improving and because of this, it opens more possibilities for persuading people to buying or participating. The problem is, people are becoming more aware of the persuading techniques. People understand what the advertisers are trying to do and they tend to ignore a lot of advertisements today. As long as our technology is improving, we are capable of increasing our techniques of persuasion.
2. I believe that people are starting to ignore a lot of advertisement. Once they find the name brand of their choice, they choose to stick with it. It is very hard to persuade a consumer away from a product that they are happy with. Americans are becoming smarter about advertisement which makes us more susceptible to the world of advertisement. They buy brands for the sense of style these days too. I believe that the ipod customers buy the ipod for not only the mp3 player, but for the trend and style that it brings as well. There are many other mp3 players like the ipod but the name brand and style that goes with it helps.
3. There are a few selling strategies that advertisors use. They use an emotional tactic where they affect you psychologically and emotionally to buy something, they use a factual tactic where they have statistics about the product and their happy customers and then they use a empirical tactic where they use studies and testimonials to show you that buying the product is a good decision. I believe that we have to have an understanding of what they are trying to do to you as the consumor. I feel that once you realize what they are trying to do and you still are interested in what they are trying to sell you, then you should do research to make sure that you are making a decision you will be happy with.
No comments:
Post a Comment